Confined Space Entry Including Escape Sets
One-Day Confined Space Training Course including 10 minute escape sets
Confined Space TrainingA confined space is an area that is generally enclosed, often with minimal ventilation where there exists an identifiable risk of serious injury or death from hazardous substances or dangerous conditions. People working in enclosures with limited openings such as storage tanks and vessels, silos, sewers, combustion chambers and enclosed drains are at risk from hazards such as lack of oxygen, poisonous gas and fumes, liquids which can suddenly fill the space, fire and explosions and dust.
Every year in the UK, a significant number of workers are killed or seriously injured in confined spaces. This type of incident is not industry specific and occurs across a wide range of applications from those that involve elaborate and complex plant and equipment to basic storage vessels.The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, requires that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out in order to determine the level of control measures necessary to ensure safety. For confined space work, an identification of the hazards along with an assessment of the risks and a list of precautions is required. In addition, a confined space training course is recommended.
Our confined space training course has been designed with all the above points in mind. It covers the legislation surrounding confined space entry, techniques for recognising potentially hazardous situations and their remedies. Also available is our 2 day course which covers full working breathing apparatus and rescue procedures.
Confined Space Training Course Agenda:
The content of the confined space training course includes information/training in:
- Definition and types of confined spaces
- Confined space hazards
- Safe working procedures
- Atmosphere monitoring
- Breathing apparatus (types and applications)
- Access and ancillary equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Practical demonstrations
Aims: At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal requirements surrounding confined space operations
- Recognise types of confined spaces and their associate hazards such as hazardous substances.
- Implement control measures to either eliminate or reduce potential risks
- Organise and implement appropriate accident and emergency procedures
- Identify the wide range of confined space safety equipment and its uses
Method: Lecture, practical demonstration and theory assessment.
Course Duration: 1 day (7 hours)