Safe Working at Height Training Course
Work at Height Regulations
The Work at Height Regulations apply to all work at height where there is a risk of a fall liable to cause personal injury. The Work at Height Regulations bring together all existing work at height regulation and state the minimum health and safety requirements for the use of equipment for work at height. Employers have a duty to ensure that work at a height is properly planned, appropriately supervised and carried out in a manner that is safe.
Safe Work at Height Course Objectives:
By the end of the training course all delegates should have:
- The ability to define ‘height work’
- Identify accident causation in height work
- An overview of legislation applicable to height work
- An appreciation of planning & organisation of work at height
- The ability to identify hazards in working at height
- Appreciate the merits of risk assessment & safety inspections
Employers, the self-employed, and any person that controls the work of others (for example facilities managers or building owners who may contract others to work at height) need to be fully up-to-date with the new legislation.
- To give candidates the underpinning knowledge of the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and other relevant health and safety law
- An overview of risk assessment relating to safe working at heights.
Course Duration: 4 hours