Boss Training is a licenced provider of UKATA Asbestos Awareness Training courses and UKATA non-licenced asbestos removal training courses.
The role of UKATA (UK Asbestos Training Association) is to set standards, audit and manage the list of asbestos training providers. UKATA training is the industry standard for all those working in trades that could potentially come into contact with asbestos.
Our UKATA Asbestos Awareness Training course covers the following:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health (with special reference to the raised incidence of lung problems in smokers)
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings, plant and equipment
- Learn how to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Should there be an uncontrolled release of asbestos into your workplace then you need procedures in place that help you deal with this
Why Attend a UKATA Asbestos Awareness Course?
If your employees have any possibility of coming into contact with asbestos then you as their employer have a legal requirement to provde asbestos awareness training for them (Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 – CAR 12).
The purpose of asbestos awareness training is to make them aware of the potential dangers and the procedures they must follow in the event that they are working in proximity to asbestos containing materials (ACM’s).
Asbestos is a high risk material that is linked to the cancer mesothelioma, among other conditions, and around 4000 deaths per year. Due to the time taken between exposure and symptoms presenting, many of these relate to historical contact before regulations were tightened. These regulations, and the legal requirement to undertake asbestos awareness training, are what will help to prevent future deaths and chronic disease and that is why they are so important.
Why is Asbestos still a Risk?
Now we know about the dangers of asbestos it is no longer used. However, a domestic or commercial property built or renovated before 2000 could potentially contain asbestos in a range of materials including pipe insulation, sprayed coatings, soffit boards, textured coatings and fuse boxes. It is therefore vital that anyone with the potential to come into contact with these materials undertake UKATA asbestos awareness training so that they understand the risks and know the necessary procedures to follow.
Who should attend a UKATA Asbestos Awareness Training Course?
Our asbestos awareness course is for anyone that can potentially come into contact with asbestos. This typically applies to, but is not exhaustive of, the following:
- Architects & Building Surveyors
- Computing & Telecommunications Engineers
- Construction & Demolition Workers
- Electricians, Plumbers & Gas Fitters
- Fire & Burglar Alarm Installers
- General Maintenance Staff
- Heating & Ventilation Engineers
- Joiners and Plasterers
- Painters & Decorators
Method of delivery: Lecture and theory assessment
UKATA Approved Asbestos Awareness Training course duration: 1/2 day (3 hours)
To book your place on our asbestos awareness training course call 01422 358184 or send an enquiry.