Do you manage people who work at height?
In addition to standard operator IPAF Training, BOSS Training now offers MEWPs Training for Managers. The one-day MEWP training course for managers and supervisors is IPAF accredited . If your operatives use mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPS), this course clearly illustrates what level of responsibility is expected in order to comply with current regulations.
It has recently been reported by the HSE that one in five construction sites are regularly failing health and safety audits and inspections. It is therefore vital that site managers not only fully understand and the hazards and risks associated with the operation of powered access equipment but are also able to manage and monitor correct procedures and safe practices, such as being able to understand different types of MEWPs and select the correct machine. This MEWP training for Managers course will provide knowledge of inspection procedures.
There is an ever increasing amount of legislation in respect of the use of powered access machines in whichever industry they are being used. It is therefore more vital than ever that managers be thoroughly familiar with regulations and current legislation including:
- PUWER – Provision and Use of Work Equipment
- LOLER – Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- MHSWR – Management of Health & Safety at Work
- PPERW – Personal Protective Equipment at Work
- WAHR – Work at Height Regulations
- RIDDOR – Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences.
- BS8460 – Safe Use of MEWPS
There has never been a better time to up-skill your workforce. And this includes managers who are responsible for supervising the use of MEWPs.
- Selection of correct type of MEWP
- Planning and supervising the use of MEWPs
- Effective accident prevention and control measures
- Requirements for operator training and familiarisation
- Hire contracts
- Inspection, pre-use and maintenance
To provide managers and supervisors with advanced training in order for them to safely oversee the selection, use and maintenance of powered access equipment and to effectively manage those persons who operate such equipment
Course duration: One full day
Remember only IPAF accredited training centres can issue IPAF cards and certificates.