IPAF MEWPS for Managers Training
Training for those who manage people who work at height
With HSE reporting that 1 in 5 construction sites are regularly failing health and safety audits and inspections, it’s more important than ever that all those working in construction environments are properly trained and understand their responsibilities for health and safety. IPAF training is essential for anyone who works with a mobile elevating work platform (MEWP) but the standard IPAF MEWP training is not sufficient for those who manage MEWP operators. Our IPAF MEWP training for managers training provides managers and supervisors with a good understanding of the hazards and risks associated with the operation of powered access equipment as well as the skills to manage and monitor correct procedures and safe practices. This includes being able to understand the different types of MEWPs and select the correct machine. It also provides knowledge of inspection procedures.
The use of powered access machines is attracting an increasing amount of legislation across all industries. It is therefore more important than ever that managers are thoroughly familiar with regulations and current legislation, including:
- PUWER – Provision and Use of Work Equipment
- LOLER – Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- MHSWR – Management of Health & Safety at Work
- PPERW – Personal Protective Equipment at Work
- WAHR – Work at Height Regulations
- RIDDOR – Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences.
- BS8460 – Safe Use of MEWPS
Who should attend IPAF MEWP Training for Managers?
Anyone who manages or supervises operators of MEWPs in any industry. Training is required every 5 years in order to stay up to date on best practice and legislation.
IPAF MEWP training from Boss Training
Boss Training is a member of IPAF. Only IPAF accredited training centres can issue IPAF cards and certificates. We also offer a training management service to ensure that necessary training is managed and scheduled professionally.
- Selection of correct type of MEWP
- Planning and supervising the use of MEWPs
- Effective accident prevention and control measures
- Requirements for operator training and familiarisation
- Hire contracts
- Inspection, pre-use and maintenance
To provide managers and supervisors with advanced training in order for them to safely oversee the selection, use and maintenance of powered access equipment and to effectively manage those persons who operate such equipment.
Course duration: One full day