The Boss Training Emergency First Aid at Work course is designed to offer essential basic skills and knowledge required to administer first aid in the workplace until someone more qualified is available to take charge of the situation.
Anyone within a business who is looking to become a first aider should attend this course. There is no fixed number of first aiders required within an organisation, so we would recommend businesses carry out a needs assessment to identify how many first aiders your company requires (this should be based off staff numbers, premises type and the nature of the business).
First aid training covers a whole host of areas, from implementing first aid in the workplace right through to how to deal with emergency situations. Delegates will learn more about the theory of first aid in the workplace, whilst also gaining hands on skills on how to best care for anyone who becomes ill or is requires emergency first aid due to being involved in an accident within the workplace.
This course will give delegates the skills and knowledge required to administer basic first aid until a more qualified person is able to take charge of the situation.
“The staff at boss training were really easy to deal with and got back to me straight away with course information. A fantastic service – thank you!” – Caroline Cunningham – Babcock & Wanson
- First aid at work
- Renewal of First Aid at Work Certificate Course (this particular course takes 2/3 days)
- Emergency first aid for outdoor pursuits
- Paediatric first aid (medic first aid validated)
- Sports medicine (medic first aid validated)
- Overview of first aid
- CPR – adult and child (if appropriate)
- First aid records and procedures
- Maintaining and stocking first aid boxes
- Training on how to deal with the following: epilepsy, asthma, burns and scalds, fractures, shock, choking, illness at work, wounds and bleeding
- How to deal with an unconscious person
- How to place a person into the recovery position