PASMA Scaffold Tower Training Course
Why attend PASMA Training?
PASMA training is vital for operatives working on mobile scaffold towers because of the degree to which it minimises the risk of accident and injury. A PASMA trained operative is aware of the risks and understands how to work safely at height. As well as being able to work using a mobile scaffold tower, they are trained in how to safely assemble the towers, including how to check for damage and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.
The PASMA photo-card and certificate of competence issued on successful completion of this course is approved by the UK Contractors Group and accepted on sites throughout the UK. It must be renewed every 5 years to take account of developments in best practice and changes in legislation. Official PASMA certificates and photo-cards are usually issued within 4 weeks of completion, however candidates can request a temporary site letter from the instructor, confirming that they are competent in the interim period.
Who should attend PASMA working at height training?
Anyone whose duties include the need to assemble, use, inspect, alter and dismantle mobile access towers should complete PASMA training. As well as meeting legislative requirements, the knowledge that the training gives you will allow you to maximise your personal safety and that of your co-workers.
PASMA Training Courses from Boss Training
We offer PASMA Towers for Users training, a low-level training course and a combined course. The Towers for Users course covers the safe use and inspection of aluminium and fiberglass prefabricated mobile access towers. The low-level training covers working on folding towers or podium steps. The combined course is appropriate for those requiring training in both high and low level platforms.
PASMA Training courses are widely available across the UK and can often be provided at short notice if required. Our instructors are highly qualified and experienced, using quality training methods and materials so you are doing much more than ‘ticking the box’ in terms of legislation when you complete the training.
PASMA training must be maintained and renewed on a 5 yearly cycle, so to help you minimise downtime and disruption we offer a training management service to ensure that training is carefully planned in around other priorities.
PASMA Training Course Agenda
- Introduction and housekeeping
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Work at Height Regulations
- Accident Awareness and Prevention
- Inspecting Tower Components
- Understanding the Instruction Manual
- Advanced Guardrail and the 3T method
- Assembling a Tower
- Moving a Tower
- Dismantling a Tower
- Safe use of Mobile Access Towers
- When assembling the Tower
- During use of the Tower
- When moving the Tower
- When dismantling the Tower
- Stability and ground conditions
- Hazards, risks and overhead obstacles
- Inspection and the PASMA inspection label
- Theory Test (multiple choice)
- PASMA Practical Session
- PASMA Practical Assessment
- To ensure that all staff take responsibility for health and safety for themselves and for others
- To ensure that operatives are trained to a high level of competence when carrying out inspections
- To ensure that operatives are able to create safe systems of work and understand their responsibilities
PASMA course duration: 1 days (6 hours)
Remember, only registered PASMA training centres are able to deliver the accredited courses and issue genuine certificates and PASMA photo id cards