The Health and Safety Executive approved code of practice stipulates that anyone using respiratory protective equipment (RPE) should be trained on how to use it properly in order to protect themselves. Qualitative face fit testing gives candidates the skills to be able to properly check, fit and wear a face mask so that it offers maximum protection from dust, airborne toxins and other dangerous substances.
- Who Needs Face Fit Testing Training?
Anyone who works in a role where it is commonplace to use RPE should be fully trained on how to use it properly in order to protect themselves from inhaling dust and other dangerous substances. This course is particularly useful and predominantly aimed at any individuals working under regulations associated with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Control of Lead at Work (CLAW) and the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR).
- What Does Qualitative Face Fit Testing Training Cover?
The main purpose of qualitative face fit testing is to ensure that anyone who uses RPE knows how to properly check, fit and wear the equipment so that it fulfils its intended task. A practical demonstration of the most common face fit methods will be given by our experts, and delegates will be asked to show their competence with hands-on testing. Our face fit testing will also explain the reasons behind wearing such equipment in the first place.
“Great service, quick results – they did everything just as we asked.” – Ian Oakes – First Mode
- The course will show users how to properly fit and wear a facemask in the workplace.
- Practical and theory sections to guide delegates through best practice when it comes to face masks within the workplace.
- Practical demonstration of the most common types of face fit methods.
- Theory presentation on why RPE is used within the workplace.
- Competence test for delegates which includes hands-on testing with qualified instructor.