Safe Working at Height Training Course
The Work at Height Regulations (2005) are very important and rightly so – falls from a height account for more deaths every year in the workplace than any other single issue. Our working at height training course is essential for anyone who ever has to work in any area where there may be a risk of harm or injury from a fall. Not only should the training be given to a wide range of workers in all industries, even those not called upon to work at height regularly, but there should also be reminders placed on record to ensure that working at height training courses at refresher level are also delivered regularly.
Safe Work at Height Course Objectives
The aim of the course is to give enhanced awareness of the dangers of working at height. Not only to those working above ground level but also those at ground level who may still be injured from a fall. For example, working alongside an unguarded inspection pit would be just as hazardous ‘working at height’ as there is the potential for a fall resulting in injury or even death. Due care must also be given to colleagues and members of the public who may be injured on the ground by those working above.
- ‘Working at height’ will be defined and explained.
- Risk assessment in relation to working at height will be taught.
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation applicable to the situation will be clarified.
- Planning work, choosing equipment and basic maintenance and safety procedures will be addressed.
- Hazard identification when working at height will be explained.
- The merits of risk assessment and safety inspections for all those who work at a height will be covered.
How to book