Boss Training are proud to provide Signing, Lighting and Guarding Training Unit 2 and Unit 10. This highly practical one day training course equips candidates with the knowledge and skills required to sign, light and guard streetworks in line with the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991, revised 2002 Code of Practice (NRSWA).
The training is designed for operatives engaged in working on public roads, footpaths and utility works throughout the UK. Anyone in a Supervisor role when it comes to setting out traffic signage will need to undertake both Unit 2 and Unit 10 to be considered competent in their role.
The Signing, Lighting and Guarding Training course covers the installation and maintenance of traffic lights, road signs, cones and barriers. The course covers the traffic and pedestrian management part of the works but doesn’t include excavation or reinstatement work.
It is required training for the placement of signs, cones and barriers etc. on public footpaths and roads enabling delegates to obtain a nationally recognised qualification. At the end of the course, delegates will receive an SQA Certificate and a SWQR card.
“We’ve been using boss training for about 4 years, they always answer our questions, they’re reliable and offer quality training at an affordable price.” – Paul Greenleaf – (QINETIQ)
- Enable delegates to set out traffic lights, signs, cones and barriers
- Gives delegates an understanding of the safety implications surrounding their role
- Understand the safety implications of carrying out Streetworks
- Appreciate the need to maintain the free movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the site
- Demonstrate the correct layout of appropriate signs, barriers, lamps, warning and notices
- Recognise conditions that may necessitate the introduction of special measures
- Maintain the correct operation of portable traffic signals and reposition equipment as work