As a CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO), Boss Training is proud to offer the highly informative CITB health and safety Awareness training course, which follows a clearly outlined syllabus. Alongside this course, we also offer SMSTS courses, SSSTS courses as well as refresher courses for both.
Employees who are not used to, or unfamiliar with health and safety regulations will benefit from CITB Health & Safety Awareness Training. It’s also worth noting that employees who understand health and safety well, but don’t have a nationally recognised certificate will benefit from completing this course. Typically, this course is attended by those who are currently or about to be employed in the construction or civil engineering industry.
This course is designed to give your employees a working knowledge of health and safety in the workplace and covers the fundamentals of the topic. The course highlights the importance of health and safety in the workplace to ensure your own safety and those around you. As well as general workplace health and safety, fire safety, working at height and manual handling topics are also covered.
“Balfour Beatty has used the services of the Boss Training team since early 2013 to deliver a range of Health & Safety and Technical training courses for us. We find the team both knowledgeable and helpful with a very flexible approach when it comes to matching their services to our needs.” – Simon Matthews (Balfour Beatty UK)
- To ensure all employees have a solid understanding of the basic principles of health and safety in the workplace.
- Alongside general health and safety best practice, the course also gives insight into key topics such as fire safety, safe work at height and manual handling.
- Gives employees an introduction into the CITB Site Safety Plus range of training courses.
- The course is assessed with an objective-led, multiple choice style question paper.
- Health and safety responsibilities for individuals and co-workers
- Construction hazards and how to control them.
- Achieving higher practical standards of on-site safety.
- Legal responsibilities of health and safety.
- Safe work at height.
- Fire safety.
- Manual handling and an understanding of workplace design and ergonomics.
- Occupational safety and health.