Boss Training is a fully licensed provider of UKATA asbestos courses and offers four distinct UKATA approved asbestos training courses. Please click on the course headings for more information about Asbestos Training:
Asbestos Training Courses
UKATA – ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE
A half day (3 hour) training course that covers:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likelihood of the presence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings, plant and equipment
- Avoiding the risks associated with asbestos
- How to implement procedures in the event of an uncontrolled release of asbestos
UKATA – NON LICENSED ASBESTOS REMOVAL TRAINING
1.5 day (9 hour) or 1 full day (7 hour training course) depending on prior experience
This course is sufficient for those who could potentially come into contact with asbestos but those who undertake short duration work unlikely to involve disturbing asbestos containing materials
The 9 hour course: For those with no previous asbestos awareness training
The 7 hour course: For those with previous asbestos awareness training within the last 6 months (evidence required)
UKATA – ONLINE ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE
2 hour course
Our affordable, flexible option with 24/7 access. Suitable for all.
Telephone and email support is available Monday to Friday from 9.00am – 5.00pm.
UKATA – DUTY TO MANAGE TRAINING COURSE
1 day course
This specialised UKATA approved training module is aimed at managers and owners, supervisors and other duty-holders. It provides essential guidance and knowledge as to the duty to manage asbestos. Control of Asbestos Regulations of 2012.
Why is asbestos training so important?
In order to understand this, we need to understand the nature of asbestos. Unfortunately, buildings constructed prior to 2000 may have been insulated using asbestos. The thin, fibrous crystals that asbestos is made up of, when breathed in are no known to cause mesothelioma (a cancer of the lining of the lungs). Current research shows that there are still around 2,000 asbestos related deaths each year in the UK alone, underlying just how important it is that those who are likely to be working where asbestos may exist are properly trained on how to best work around the substance. This is because it is mainly when asbestos is disturbed that the particles float up into the air and can be breathed in.
Unfortunately, we have not consigned asbestos to the history books just yet, making asbestos training an urgent priority for high-risk individuals. You are considered at high risk if you:
- Work on buildings constructed prior to 2000 (i.e. many buildings in the UK)
- Are working on an unfamiliar site (another high probability for most in the trade)
- Are working where asbestos-containing materials were not identified before work started
- Are working where asbestos-containing materials were identified but details were not passed on to the supervisor
- Do not know how to identify and work safely alongside asbestos-containing materials
- Have not attended a UKATA approved training course
- Are aware of asbestos risks but cut corners for money and time-saving purposes
If any of these ring true for you or your employees then please get in touch as a matter of urgent priority to book one of Boss Training’s UKATA asbestos courses.
Boss Training is a UKATA Category A, Category B, Duty to Manage and E-Learning authorised training provider.